Valve have returned after a few weeks' hiatus with an update that launches a new Operation, titled Bloodhound, as well as other tweaks to the game.
Operation Vanguard ended late in March and left many casual fans who desired newer maps, missions and skins waiting expectantly for the next Operation's launch.
Today's update brings forth Operation Bloodhound, which introduces or re-establishes six community-created maps—Agency, Resort, Zoo, Log, Rails and, most importantly, Season—to matchmaking servers.
In addition, the Operation brings with it a whole host of goodies, including the New Falchion Case and Knife, new in-game skin collections, the return of missions and a new feature which is Profile Ranks.
Casual-mode rulesets have been tweaked as well as a few UI fixes. There have been a number of Miscellaneous changes which appear intended to fix a variety of issues, as well as a game engine update.
And finally, de_cache, de_season and de_mirage have been patched to optimise the maps even further.
The full patch notes can be found below:
- Launched Operation Bloodhound, available until September 30th, 2015.
- Six community maps available for free to ALL CS:GO PLAYERS on official servers via the Operation Bloodhound map group: Agency, Resort, Zoo, Log, Rails, and Season – The Operation Bloodhound Access Pass is now available for purchase. It provides:
- The upgradable Operation Bloodhound Challenge Coin, which can be displayed on your profile and in the scoreboard.
- The Operation Bloodhound Journal, complete with Friends Leaderboards to track your Active Duty and Operation Competitive performance.
- Two all-new campaigns, with 62 missions rewarding additional XP throughout the Operation.
- Earned weapon drops will come from the Operation Bloodhound exclusive weapon collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, and all-new collections Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun, and Chop Shop.
- Exclusive access to the Falchion Case, containing 16 community-designed weapon finishes and the all-new Falchion Knife.
- Added two new Mission types, Assassination and Guardian Co-op which are playable via campaign missions in the Operation.
- Introducing Profile Ranks, viewable in-game on your CS:GO profile.
- Play on official servers to earn XP and rank up your CS:GO Profile Rank.
- In Competitive Mode, your earned XP is determined by your rounds won.
- In all other modes, your earned XP is determined by your score.
- You can earn additional XP by completing Operation Bloodhound Missions.
- In addition to increasing your CS:GO Profile Rank, your first Rank earned each week will reward you with an earned weapon drop. If you own an Operation Bloodhound Access Pass, your weapon will come from one of the exclusive Operation Bloodhound weapon collections.
- Reduced Round timer from 3:00 to 2:15.
- Increased warmup time from 30 to 90 seconds.
- Disabled vote to restart match.
- Vote to change level is disabled after a team has reached match point.
- Fixed sometimes (but rarely) seeing health of players on the other team in the mini scoreboard.
- Fixed the freeze panel sometimes getting stuck on and staying on even after the player is alive.
- Added trace-based visibility checks to prevent networking invisible enemy players.
- Updated CSGO engine to the latest Steam API SDK.
- Improved support for integrated web browser MOTD popups.
- Fixed several server-crashing exploits.
- Fixed voice chat echo in lobby.
- Re-enabled a bunch of player model variants including the much missed Balkan “Ido” model, otherwise known as tm_balkan_variantC.
- Added a convar (sv_disable_immunity_alpha) that when set, allows mods to handle their own alpha on players.
- Limited support for FBX in studiomdl.
- Added sv_vote_to_changelevel_before_match_point (default 0, vote is never disallowed). When set to 1, the vote to change level is disabled after a team has reached match point.
- Fixed multiple bomb-stuck spots.
- Fixed an issue where saving CTs could be seen on radar from outside spawn.
- Fixed an annoying issue where grenades would collide with ground geometry map-wide.
- Deleted a problematic glass pane in mid (thanks RoF Anders).
- Ensured tarps on crates are actually spammable.
- Reduced width of Upper B T-side and long A to their CS:Source dimensions.
- Fixed every “white on white” corner to improve visibility (Thanks Shahzam).
- Added a railing on catwalk to ensure that T’s don’t rush A site without potential punishment from pit.
- Fixed an angle at B lower to ensure that defensive grenades can be bounced off a wall easily and properly, as was the case in CS:Source.
- Made squeeky door louder.
- Bug fix: fixed metal sounds being made on all surfaces throughout the map.
- Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck.
- Fixed some spots where players could get stuck on walls.